WHAT BASIC INFORMATION DOES THE ROAD COLLECT?
- Information you voluntarily submit to the Site – In operating the Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to name, email address, cookies, and usage data.
- Information automatically collected – Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet). No personal information about you is revealed in this process. The Site may also gather anonymous "traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer. We may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this data.
- Cookies– Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use "cookies” to collect information. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data capture mechanisms on our website other than cookies.
HOW CAN THE ROAD USE THE COLLECTED INFORMATION?
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To send you our weekly newsletters;
- To manage contacts and send messages in response to your comments or inquiries;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us which may be of interest to you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To interact with external social networks and platforms;
- To allow registration and authentication;
- To carry out re-marketing and behavioral targeting;
- To display content from external platforms;
- To carry out commercial affiliation;
- To interact with support and feedback platforms;
- To protect and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity;
- To manage user database.
THIRD PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent, except as necessary to provide you with the services offered by us or to comply with the law. We may use your personal information to verify your identity or to check your qualifications. We may also use your contact information to inform you of any changes to the Site, or to send you additional information about us. If you explicitly authorize us to share your information, we may share your information with third parties so that they may send you promotional materials.
We may use third-party service providers service to manage the Site (such as hosting, email services). The use of your personal information is dictated by the respective privacy policies of such third parties. This list may be amended from time to time in our sole discretion, and currently the Site uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- MailChimp – this service is used to manage our email marketing subscriber list and send material and emails to subscribers. Your name and email address are stored at Mail Chimp, for purposes of delivering such communications. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter by clicking the unsubscribe link provided at the end of each newsletter.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process; Protect and defend the rights or property of this Site, the users of the Site, or third parties.
INFORMATION OUT OF OUR CONTROLInformation you leave in comments is publicly visible. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
The Site may contain links to third party websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
We use anonymous information to analyze our Site traffic, but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information. We may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with third parties and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
- You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at our Site may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
- Promotions or advertisements displayed on our Site may contain cookies. We do not have access to or control over information collected by outside advertisers on our Site.
SALE OF INFORMATION
In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Site to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
We process and store your personal data for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. Therefore:
- Personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between us and the user will be retained until such contract has been fully performed;
- Personal data collected for the purposes of our legitimate interests will be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes;
- We may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn;
- We may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, personal data will be deleted and some of your rights (i.e. the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability) cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period. You may find specific information regarding your rights within the relevant section of this Policy or by contacting us at theroadtomyavennyou at gmail dot com or through Contact on the Site.
YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to do the following:
- You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent which was previously given to the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- You have the right to learn if data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- You have the right to verify the accuracy of your data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- You have the right, under certain circumstances, to have your personal data deleted or otherwise removed.
The Site have security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Contact information – If you have any questions about this Policy or our practices related to the Site, or if you would like to have us remove your information from our database please contact us at the following: theroadtomyavennyou at gmail dot com.
Updates and changes – We reserve the right, at any time, to add to, change, update, or modify this Policy, simply by posting such change, update, or modification on the Site and without any other notice to you. Any such change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on the Site. It is your responsibility to review this Policy from time to time to ensure that you continue to agree with all of its terms.
Notice concerning children – We are a general audience site, and do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Site user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account.
Effective as of: May 24, 2018
Last Updated: August 20, 2018